Transformation from the Inside Out
Official Event Website
Date(s) - 09/20/2013
San Quentin State Prison
– Do we, as a society, believe that people in prison can change?
– Can people who have committed a serious or violent crime redeem themselves?
– What benefit is it to victims when they witness an offender’s transformation?
– Do American taxpayers want to continue spending $39 billion per year on incarceration?
– People are more than the worst things they’ve ever done
– Deep and lasting personal transformation is possible
– The hard work of personal change is happening behind prison walls
– When offenders transform, the benefit extends from the emotional and psychological to the domains of public safety and public policy
We are passionately committed to changing the public conversation about who lives behind bars.